Aktana is changing how some of the largest companies in some of the most dynamic industries bring their products and solutions to the world. Even though we’re serious about what we do, we never take ourselves too seriously. We work hard, laugh often, and are always challenging ourselves — and each other — to be better every day.
Aktana is currently looking for the following position:
Senior Java Developer/Architect
We are looking for a talented server-side Java developer who is also qualified as a full-stack architect and is excited about working in the fun and challenging start-up environment. You will participate in the entire development lifecycle, help to shape and refine requirements, own the design for your components, and write the code to implement important new capabilities we are adding to our product. You should be both a strong individual contributor and leader, able to assume responsibility for Aktana’s overall product architecture and operations process. This is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced entrepreneurial team and have an impact on the company’s success.
- Guide overall architecture for the Aktana product suite as it grows and evolves.
- Design for quality, testability, manageability, and ease of support.
- Scalability and performance
- Security and authorization
- Evaluation and introduction of new technologies/packages as our product suite expands
- Management of our cloud-based dev and production environments
- Supervise our off-shore DEV/OPS team
- Decide and manage all aspects of our code management, build processes, release management, customer deployments, environment monitoring, and problem reporting/tracking
- Lead the java development of our continued integration with Salesforce.com
- Collaborate with Product Management to help envision and design new capabilities
- Work with component technical lead(s) to write technical specifications for new features.
- Design, implement and unit test key components of server-side Java.
- Work with the Directors of Engineering to guide our use of offshore developers.
- BS in Computer Science or closely-related discipline. MS preferred.
- 5+ years object-oriented software development on middle-tier and back-end components, with at least 3 years of heavy Java server-side programming.
- Java development under linux, Mac, and Windows. At least 1 project in which you played a lead role in architecting/designing the middle-tier and database layers for a new application.
- Familiarity with REST frameworks and Web API design in general. Specific experience with DropWizard (http://dropwizard.codahale.com/) a plus.
- Design and implementation of SOAP-based web services.
- Experience in configuring and deploying Amazon AWS and RDS servers.
- Experience in configuring Apache for scalable cloud-based applications.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Expertise with both SVN and git. (BitBucket a plus)
- Strong SQL and database design skills. MySQL expertise. Database performance tuning.
2+ years coding under Hibernate. Experience with other ORMs and NoSQL databases (especially Mongo) a plus.
- Experienced working under Agile and Continuous Development.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com. Prior experience in implementing SFDC “packages” a plus.
- Startup experience.
- Prior experience in integrating applications. Experience using ETL packages: Kettle experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in working with offshore developers and QA function.
- Other tools/packages we use: JIRA, FishEye, Crucible, Artifactory, Eclipse, Liquibase, JUnit, DBUnit, Cobertura, Airbrake, NewRelic, RestAssured, RightScale, PaperTrail, RunDeck